Monday 13 January 2020

README_BODY

The rolling chassis is complete to the point where it would be possible to fit the body.
There will probably be some other things to do such as wiring, but for now we turn to the body.

I had this in storage while working on the chassis. It is now in the workshop suspended over the chassis on a wooden frame.

There are at least two items that must be done before fitting to the chassis, heater and pedal box.
But probably we'll also fit lights and possibly cutting out a small section in the passenger footwell, see here

The engine bay I was going to paint body colour. But as supplied there is a nice satin black finish to the smooth surface of the internal panels. As I want a lot of chrome on show in the engine bay, I thought satin black all over would look fine. So I masked of the existing smooth panels, sprayed the rougher surfaces with plastic primer (grey), and then two or three top coats of gloss black. As it is such a rough surface the gloss comes out more satin and looks ok.

I'll do the same with all four wheel arches before the body get fitted.


No comments:

Post a Comment